I’ve just created a site on GitHub Pages. There I’ve put my recent benchmark results from the Scala Serialization article.
- Results gathered via JMH.
- Added benchmark for two-way action: serialization and deserialization.
- In JMH I use 2 threads instead of 1 (so, I check libraries in multi-threaded environment).
- Chill doesn’t behave well (sometimes deserialization fails with “Buffer underflow” exception, it is related to multi-threading, but I didn’t have enough time to investigate).
- Libraries versions are updated (boopickle, pickling, scalapb). Scala Pickling improved significantly.
Thanks to everyone for comments, pull requests and shares.
Originally posted on Medium.