read

I’ve just created a site on GitHub Pages. There I’ve put my recent benchmark results from the Scala Serialization article.

Things changed:

  • Results gathered via JMH.
  • Added benchmark for two-way action: serialization and deserialization.
  • In JMH I use 2 threads instead of 1 (so, I check libraries in multi-threaded environment).
  • Chill doesn’t behave well (sometimes deserialization fails with “Buffer underflow” exception, it is related to multi-threading, but I didn’t have enough time to investigate).
  • Libraries versions are updated (boopickle, pickling, scalapb). Scala Pickling improved significantly.

Thanks to everyone for comments, pull requests and shares.

Originally posted on Medium.

Blog Logo

Dmitry Komanov


Published

Image

@dkomanov

Severe Software Developer Blog

Back to Overview