Here I’m trying to add some interesting (imo) links with a small comment about it. Different topics and no structure at all.
- JVM Serializers. A good big article/research about serialization libraries for JVM.
- 15 Fundamental Laws of Software Development. Good summary about well-known “Laws”.
- How an internet mapping glitch turned a random Kansas farm into a digital hell. “Funny” how developers decisions and technological ignorance could make harder a life of innocent people.
- JMock v. Mockito, but not to the death. Simple explaination of JMock and Mockito paradigms.
- Why I Quit my Dream Job at Ubisoft. High-end gamedev. Senior developer view.
- The End of the Internet Dream. A sad story about Internet’s future.
- Fuck the Cloud. Interesting thoughts about clouds and it’s place in our lives.
- What I tell all new programmers. What is to be a software developer :)
- Closing a door. A good entry point to the discussion about politeness. Particularly in Linux Kernel.
- GitHub: Scaling on Ruby, with a nomadic tech team. Interesting details about GitHub stack and infrastructure. A good point that it’s better to stick to a certain technology stack (language set) than trying to use everything new. And also a good point on focusing on a main business (scaling and presentation git) and took everything else from the outside.
- The Neophyte’s Guide to Scala. Some explainations about how things works in Scala.
- Five Health Benefits of Standing Desks. Stand-up software development justification.
- Please stop calling databases CP or AP. A good thoughts about CAP theorem by Martin Kleppmann. What C, A and P exactly mean.